Contributed by: ACT Staff
Late Model stock car racer Eric Williams of Hyde Park, VT earned the fourth American-Canadian Tour (ACT) victory of his career after a controversial incident late in the going in the White Mountain 150 at New Hampshire’s White Mountain Motorsports Park on Saturday night. Williams was the benefactor of a tangle between race leaders and championship point leaders Scott Payea and Patrick Laperle with three laps remaining, and slipped by for the win.
Payea, of Milton, VT, led the majority of the race, but raced hard with Montréal driver Laperle during the middle stages, with the pair trading the lead multiple times. Contact with three laps remaining sent Payea spinning, bringing out the fourth and final caution flag of the event. For his involvement in the incident, Laperle was sent to the rear of the field with Payea for the restart. Payea finished 13th with Laperle 14th, the last two cars on the lead lap.
Williams, a part-time ACT Late Model Tour racer, currently leading the championship standings at Barre, VT’s Thunder Road Int’l Speedbowl, then drove away from Brent Dragon for the win. Dragon and fellow Milton, VT native Jean-Paul Cyr finished second and third, respectively. A pair of New Hampshire natives, 19 year-old Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. of Hudson and Brad Leighton of Center Harbor, completed the top unofficial top five.
Glen Luce of Turner, ME finished sixth, with Barre, VT rookie Nick Sweet finishing seventh for his fifth top-ten finish in eight events. John Donahue of Graniteville, VT was eighth, one spot ahead of home-track driver Dan Colby of Lyman, NH. Colby, a former ACT Late Model Tour regular, posted his best-ever result with ninth place. Randy Potter of Groveton, NH finished tenth, unofficially.
The ACT Late Model Tour is back in action on Sunday, August 31 with the 30th Bond Auto Labor Day Classic 200 at Thunder Road Int’l Speedbowl in Barre, VT. Discount advance sale tickets are available at all 36 Bond Auto Parts locations in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. For more information, call (802) 244-6963 or visit www.acttour.com.
UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – White Mountain 150
ACT Late Model Tour – White Mountain Motorsports Park – N. Woodstock, NH
Saturday, August 16, 2008
(# - denotes rookie)
1. Eric Williams, Hyde Park, VT
2. Brent Dragon, Milton, VT
3. Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT
4. Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Hudson, NH
5. Brad Leighton, Center Harbor, NH
6. Glen Luce, Turner, ME
7. # Nick Sweet, Barre, VT
8. John Donahue, Graniteville, VT
9. Dan Colby, Lyman, NH
10. Randy Potter, Groveton, NH
11. Stacy Cahoon, St. Johnsbury, VT
12. Quinny Welch, Lancaster, NH
13. Scott Payea, Milton, VT
14. Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC
15. Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC
16. Scott Dragon, Milton, VT
17. Joey Becker, Jeffersonville, VT
18. # Tyler Cahoon, St. Johnsbury, VT
19. Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT
20. Trampas Demers, South Burlington, VT
21. Bobby Dragon, Milton, VT
22. Oren Remick, Warner, NH
23. Rick Thompson, Jr., Derby, VT
24. Eric Chase, Milton, VT
25. Cody Bodwell, Farmington, NH
26. Bernie Lantagne, McIndoe Falls, VT
27. # Ricky Wolf, Jr., Northwood, NH
28. Pete Potvin, III, Graniteville, VT
29. Steve Fisher, Shelburne, VT
30. # Jonathan Urlin, London, ON