Contributed by: ACT Staff
2010 Série ACT Castrol Edge Season Review
All stats include Série ACT Castrol Edge point counting events only, unless otherwise noted.
· The Série ACT Castrol Edge completed its 4th season (2007-2010).
· The season finale St-Eustache 300 at Autodrome St-Eustache was the 40th Série ACT Castrol Edge point counting event.
· 61 different drivers competed in 2010.
· 15 different drivers attended their first event.
· 142 different drivers have now competed on the Série ACT Castrol Edge.
· 21 drivers made their first career feature start.
· 317 competitors attended the 11 events for an average of 28.82.
· A total of 1,667 laps were completed in the 11 events for a total of 785.53 miles.
· The 11 feature events were completed in 18:32:19.
· Rookie driver Alex Labbe moved from the 36th starting position to 11th in the August Riverside Can-Am event at Riverside Speedway (St-Croix). It was the biggest move in a single event by any driver in 2010.
· Jimmy Cormier (Riverside 7/26) and Martin Latulippe (St-Eustache 7/31) both earned third place finishes as rookies. No rookie has ever finished better than 3rd in Série ACT Castrol Edge history. Jonathan Urlin (St-Eustache 5/18/2008) and Spencer MacPherson (Montmagny 6/16/2007) both earned a third place finish in their rookie seasons.
· The 2010 St-Eustache 300 was just the third 300 lap event in Série ACT Castrol Edge history. All 3 have been at St-Eustache.
· The June event at Riverside Speedway (St-Croix) was just the second event under 100 laps ever completed on the Série ACT Castrol Edge. It was cut short at 96 laps due to rain. It joins the Pro Fab 100 which ran 51 laps before being called for rain at Autodrome Chaudiere.
· Patrick Laperle’s 231 laps led in the 2010 St-Eustache 300 set a new record for the most laps led in a single event. It passes his 191 laps led in the same event in 2009.
· Karl Allard’s 187 laps led in the Montmagny 250 on July 3, 2010 is third on the all-time most laps led in a single event list.
· Allard completed 1,666 of the 1,667 laps run in 2010, the most of any driver. Jimmy Cormier (1,572), Jacques Poulin (1,565), Jonathan Desbiens (1,563) and Claude Leclerc (1,532) completed the top five.
· Laperle had the best average finish of 2.0 (10 starts) of any driver with more than one start. Allard was second with 3.18 (11 starts).
· Laperle also led the most laps in 2010 with 539. Allard was second with 447. Combined the two led for 59% of the laps in 2010.
· 18 different drivers led at least one lap in 2010.
· 207 of the 299 starters in the 11 events were on the track for the checkered flag.
· 10 drivers started all 11 events in 2010.
· 4 different drivers earned a win.
· 21 different drivers earned a top-five.
· 32 different drivers earned a top-ten.
· All 61 drivers that attended an event in 2010 started a feature.
· Allard led 9 of the 11 events, which passes Laperle’s 6 events in 2007 as the most events led in a single season.
· Allard and Laperle both had 10 top tens, which is a record for a single season.
· Allard’s 6 wins is double the old record for wins in a season. Alexandre Gingras and Sylvain Lacombe both had 3 wins in 2007. Laperle had 3 in 2010.
· There were 113 cautions in 2010, which averages out to one every 14.8 laps.
· The Chaudiere 150 event in August was completed in 56 minutes and 52 seconds, the shortest of the season.
· The 150-mile St-Eustache 300 was the longest event for both distance and time (2:38:07) of the season. It also had the most cautions with 17.
· Allard has now completed 5,746 of the 5,818 laps run on the Série ACT Castrol Edge.
· Allard, Jean-François Déry, Claude Leclerc and Jacques Poulin have started all 40 Série ACT Castrol Edge events to date.
· Laperle has led 1,587 of the 4,665 laps he has run in his career on the Série ACT Castrol Edge.
· Allard had led only 162 laps before 2010. With his 447 in 2010 he moves into third on the career laps led list with 609. Donald Theetge is second with 610.
· Laperle remains on top of the career events led list with 20 while Allard moves into second with 17.
· Laperle still leads the career top-fives (26) and top tens (32) lists. Allard is second on the top fives list with 23 and tied for second with Jean-François Déry on the top tens list with 30.
· Brian Hoar’s Riverside Can-Am combination event win was the second time an American driver has won a Série ACT Castrol Edge event. Brent Dragon was the first with his win in 2009 also at Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, QC.
· 14 different drivers have won a Série ACT Castrol Edge event.
· Champion Karl Allard earned $23,810 in race winnings (not including point fund money) for the 11 point counting events. Including the non-point counting “Showdown at Chaudiere” and the ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Allard earned $26,435 before point fund money.