Contributed by: ACT Staff
Patrick Laperle Wins Série ACT Castrol Montmagny 100
St-Denis, Quebec’s Patrick Laperle led the final 40 laps of the Série ACT Castrol Montmagny 100 at Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, Quebec on Saturday, June 11. Laperle worked his way through traffic from the 14th starting position during a 99 lap green flag period after the only caution of the event of lap 1. It is the second win of the Série ACT Castrol season for the former series champion. Laperle was in his Chevrolet powered ride.
Defending Série ACT Castrol Champion Karl Allard claimed the runner-up position, while second year driver Jimmy Cormier ran in the second position for most of the event before fading to third. Veteran Claude Leclerc and Jean-François Déry rounded out the top five. Donald Theetge, David Michaud, Kevin Roberge, Jonathan Bouvrette and Jonathan Desbiens completed the top ten.
Twenty-one cars attended the third event of the Série ACT Castrol season. Rookie driver Gaetan Gaudreault blew a motor during practice and Brian Custeau, who was going to drive for car owner Paul Michaud, scratched from the event during practice. All 19 cars in the starting grid completed the event. Nine cars were on the lead lap. The event was completed with just one caution on lap one and was finished in just 34 minutes and 30 seconds. It was the only caution of the day, including qualifying.
Laperle has already received an invitation to the ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH for his win in the Série ACT Castrol season opener at Autodrome Chaudiere in May. Others receiving invites so far include Brian Hoar, Nick Sweet, John Donahue, Jeff White and Daniel Descoste.
The Série ACT Castrol will be back in action for their fourth event of the season next Saturday, June 18 at Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, Quebec. It will be the first of three events at the speedway including a combined event with the U.S.-based ACT Late Model Tour.
Série ACT Castrol Unofficial Results
Saturday, June 11, 2011 – Montmagny 100
Autodrome Montmagny – Montmagny, QC
Fin. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (14) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis-sur-Richelieu, QC, 100 Laps
2. (7) Karl Allard, Quebec, QC, 100 Laps
3. (1) Jimmy Cormier, Princeville, QC, 100 Laps
4. (3) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, 100 Laps
5. (13) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 100 Laps
6. (9) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 100 Laps
7. (8) David Michaud, Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, QC, 100 Laps
8. (16) Kevin Roberge, Levis, QC, 100 Laps
9. (6) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 100 Laps
10. (19) Jonathan Desbiens, Levis, QC, 99 Laps
11. (12) Patrick Hamel, St-Edouard, QC, 99 Laps
12. (4) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 99 Laps
13. (17) Jacques Poulin, East Broughton, QC, 99 Laps
14. (11) Marc-Andre Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC, 99 Laps
15. (15) Alex Labbe, Saint-Albert, QC, 99 Laps
16. (10) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chrysostome, QC, 99 Laps
17. (18) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacome, QC, 99 Laps
18. (2) #Yannick Tremblay, Chicoutimi, QC, 99 Laps
19. (5) Marco Savoie, St-Lambert, QC, 90 Laps
Time of Race: 34:30
Margin of Victory: 8.559 seconds
Cautions: 1(Laps 1)
Leaders: Yannick Tremblay, 1-8; Dany Trepanier, 9-59; Patrick Laperle, 60-100
Heat Winners: Dany Trepanier, Patrick Cliche, Marc-Andre Cliche