Contributed by: ACT Staff
ACT Tour Points
SÚrie ACT Points
Serie ACT Castrol
Monday, July 04 2011 @ 08:38 AM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Alex Labbé Outruns Three Champions For First Série ACT Castrol Win
Sophomore driver Alex Labbé of St-Albert, QC earned his first career Série ACT Castrol win in a 250 lap event at Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, QC on Saturday, July 2. Labbé started ninth in the 22 car field and outran three Série ACT Castrol Champions (Donald Theetge, Karl Allard and Patrick Laperle) for the win. The 2010 Rookie of the Year took the lead with 16 laps to go after contact between leader Karl Allard and a lapped car.
Patrick Laperle led early in the event after pitting for tires and fuel around lap 75. He came back up through the field to take the lead on lap 116. Donald Theetge, Allard and Labbé all pitted around the lap 180 mark and charged up through the field. Allard took the lead on lap 185 and seemed to have the field covered before getting chopped by a lapped car. The contact caused Allard to spin bringing out the final caution and handing the lead to Labbé.
Allard charged back through the field to take third behind Theetge in second. After pitting again late, Laperle took fourth while second year competitor Dany Trepanier completed the top five. Patrick Hamel took sixth as the final car on the lead lap. Gaetan Lauzier, Jimmy Cormier, Jeff Laflamme and Brandon White rounded out the top ten.
The 250 lap event took two hours and six minutes with 14 cautions. There was a battle for the lead throughout with nine lead changes among seven different drivers.
With his win, Labbé received an invite to the third annual ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. He joins Brian Hoar, Nick Sweet, Patrick Laperle, John Donahue, Daniel Descoste, Jeff White and Patrick Hamel on the list of invitees.
The Série ACT Castrol will return to Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, Quebec for their second visit of the season. It will be the sixth race on their 12 event schedule.
Série ACT Castrol Unofficial Results
Montmagny 250 – Autodrome Montmagny
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Pos Car # Driver Hometown Laps
1. 36qc Alex Labbe Saint-Albert, QC 250
2. 80qc Donald Theetge Boischatel, QC 250
3. 48qc Karl Allard Quebec, QC 250
4. 91qc Patrick Laperle St-Denis-sur-Richelieu, QC 250
5. 19qc Dany Trepanier St-Edouard, QC 250
6. 51qc Patrick Hamel St-Edouard, QC 250
7. 74qc Gaetan Lauzier St-Pacome, QC 249
8. 95qc Jimmy Cormier Princeville, QC 249
9. 79qc Jeff Laflamme St. Croix, QC 247
10. 96qc Brandon White Kahnawake, QC 239
11. 8qc Marc-Andre Cliche Vallee-Jonction, QC 234
12. 11qc Claude Leclerc Lanoraie, QC 231
13. 40qc David Michaud Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, QC 212
14. 25qc #Yannick Tremblay Chicoutimi, QC 176
15. 97qc Jacques Poulin East Broughton, QC 110
16. 59qc Steve Lesage Pont-Rouge, QC 106
17. 5qc Patrick Cliche St-Jean-Chrysostome, QC 87
18. 38qc Gaetan Gaudreault Quebec, QC 83
19. 92qc Jonathan Desbiens Levis, QC 79
20. 41qc Jonathan Bouvrette Blainville, QC 78
21. 10qc Stephane Descoste Oka, QC Black Flag Penalty
22. 99qc Eric Giguere St-Georges, QC DSQ
| Copyright © 2018 ACT
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
|Powered By Geeklog
Layout by Stainless Design