Contributed by: ACT Staff
ACT Tour Points
SÚrie ACT Points
Serie ACT Castrol
Sunday, July 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
*** Updated with complete unofficial finish. See below (7/18/11)
Patrick Laperle Takes Third Série ACT Castrol Win of the Season at Autodrome St-Eustache
Patrick Laperle of St-Denis, QC held off defending Série ACT Castrol Champion Karl Allard for his third Série win of the season in the 200 lap event at Autodrome St-Eustache on Saturday, July 16. Laperle came from the 14th starting position to take the lead from Allard on lap 104. Just 11 laps later on the sixth caution of the event, Laperle handed the lead back to Allard while pitting for tires.
After charging back through the field, Laperle was returned the favor as Allard pitted for tires on lap 157. Laperle would lead the rest of the way with Allard working his way back to second. London, Ontario’s Jonathan Urlin came from 13th to finish third, followed by Patrick Hamel and Dany Trepanier.
The 200 lap event took one hour, thirty-six minutes to complete with nine cautions. There were no major accidents. The finish of the event remains unofficial pending a scoring recheck.
Laperle, a former Série ACT Castrol Champion and ACT Late Model Tour Champion, already qualified for the ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 24 with his win in the season opener. The list of invitees remains Laperle, Brian Hoar, Nick Sweet, John Donahue, Jeff White, Daniel Descoste, Patrick Hamel, Alex Labbe and Donald Theetge.
Many of the Série ACT Castrol competitors are expected to compete in next weekend’s (Sunday, July 24) $25,000 to win Oxford 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway in Oxford, ME. They will then continue their 2011 schedule on Saturday, August 6 with their second trip to Autodrome Chaudiere in Vallee-Jct., QC.
Série ACT Castrol Unofficial Results
Autodrome St-Eustache – St-Eustache, QC
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (14) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis-sur-Richelieu, QC, 200 Laps
2. (10) Karl Allard, Quebec, QC, 200 Laps
3. (13) Jonathan Urlin, London, ON, 200 Laps
4. (16) Patrick Hamel, St-Edouard, QC, 200 Laps
5. (1) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 200 Laps
6. (17) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, 200 Laps
7. (6) David Michaud, Ste-Anne-des-Plaines, QC, 199 Laps
8. (5) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chrysostome, QC, 199 Laps
9. (3) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 199 Laps
10. (22) Martin Goulet, Mascouche, QC, 196 Laps
11. (9) Daniel Bergeron, Mirabel, QC, 196 Laps
12. (19) Valerie Chiasson, Le Gardeur, QC, 195 Laps
13. (18) Brandon White, Kahnawake, QC, 193 Laps
14. (4) Marc-Andre Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC, 189 Laps
15. (2) #Yannick Tremblay, Chicoutimi, QC, 176 Laps
16. (15) Martin Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC, 175 Laps
17. (12) Alex Labbe, Saint-Albert, QC, 124 Laps
18. (8) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacome, QC, 123 Laps
19. (7) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 115 Laps
20. (11) Eric LeHoux, Saint-Elzear, QC, 111 Laps
21. (20) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 23 Laps
22. (21) Philippe Jeannotte, Brossard, QC, 1 Laps
Time of Race: 1:36:37
Margin of Victory: .198 seconds
Cautions: 9 (Laps 1, 21, 45, 100, 100, 115, 125, 156, 164
Lap Leaders: Dany Trepanier, 1-21; Donald Theetge, 22-24, Karl Allard, 25-103; Patrick Laperle, 104-115; Allard, 116-165; Laperle, 166-200.
| Copyright © 2018 ACT
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
|Powered By Geeklog
Layout by Stainless Design