Pit Notes from Merchants Bank 150 Car Show and Practice
Saturday, April 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
14th Annual Merchants Bank 150 Weekend
PITS NOTES SATURDAY APRIL 28, 2012
· 109 cars attended the annual Car Show held at Thunder Road
· 46 ACT Late Models participated in practice in preparation for Sunday’s Merchants Bank 150.
· Joey Polewarcyzk Jr. of Hudson, NH had the fastest lap time of 13.069.
· Other fast times were set by defending Late Model Champion Dave Pembroke, two-time defending Merchants Bank 150 Champion Nick Sweet, Lt. Governor Phil Scott, former Rookie of the Year Cody Blake, as well as Ben Rowe, Brooks Clark, Randy Potter, and Cris Michaud in the Merchants Bank Ford Fusion.
· Austin Theriault of Fort Kent, ME was also fast in practice after flying back from a fifth place finish at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL in his Brad Keselowski Racing Development ride on Friday night.
· Four (4) Canadian teams participated in practice with former ACT Champion Patrick Laperle the fastest among them with a time of 13.175
· Cris Michaud, of E. Montpelier won the pit stop contest with a time of 21.69 after Patrick Laperle’s team recorded a time of 21.63 but received a 10 second penalty for two loose lugnuts
· Brent Dragon of Milton, VT was the most consistent driver of the day. He was in the top five fastest cars in the first three practices.
· All but two of the ACT Late Model Champions over the past 20 years (Pete Fecteau and Lance Ferno) will attempt to qualify for The Merchants Bank 150
· David Finck of Barre, VT and Shawn Fleury of Middlesex, VT were consistently the fastest Bond Auto Tiger Sportsmen
· Cam Ouelette of Barre, VT and Tommy Smith of Williamstown, VT ran the fastest times of the day in the Allen Lumber Street Stock division.
· Street Stock driver Brock Parrot of Williamstown, VT took a spin after a malfunction in the drive train, and the wheel of the #35 Street Stock of Keith Fortier of Hinesburg, VT came off entering turn one. All were okay.
· With no major wrecks or spins, all the cars participating in practice today are expected to attempt to qualify for the Merchants Bank 150 on Sunday, April 29 at 1pm.
ACT Late Model Top 20 Practice Times
Saturday, April 28, 20121. 97nh Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. - 13.069
2. 88vt Nick Sweet - 13.105
3. 10nh Ben Rowe - 13.140
4. 14vt Phil Scott - 13.169
5. 55vt Brent Dragon - 13.172
6. 68vt Brooks Clark - 13.172
7. 02nh Randy Potter - 13.175
8. 91qc Patrick Laperle - 13.175
9. 99vt Cody Blake - 13.184
10. 6vt Cris Michaud - 13.186
11. 40vt Eric Chase - 13.193
12. 44vt Dave Pembroke - 13.197
13. 18vt Jamie Fisher - 13.205
14. 57me Austin Theriault - 13.211
15. 85vt Trampas Demers - 13.227
16. 37vt Brian Hoar - 13.235
17. 27nh Wayne Helliwell, Jr. - 13.242
18. 89vt Scott Payea - 13.255
19. 16vt Joey Becker - 13.269
20. 58vt Jimmy Hebert - 13.273