American Canadian Tour
Monday, May 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
American Canadian Tour First Three Events by the Numbers
The American Canadian Tour Late Model Stock Car season is off to a strong start in the first three (3) events of the 2012 season. All three ACT events to date have produced everything needed for exciting short track racing, including multiple battles for the lead, lots of passing and side-by-side racing, and, unfortunately, even a devastating multi-car pileup. Pit stop strategy was critical at Lee USA Speedway and Thunder Road, while Devil’s Bowl was all about lane strategy. Here’s a look back at the first three ACT Late Model events by the numbers:
· The first three events were a total of 412 laps and was completed in a combined 3 hours, 50 minutes and 52 seconds.
· The events saw a combined 21 cautions, which averages out to one caution every 19.6 laps completed.
· The combined margin of victory for all three events was under a second at .836 seconds.
· A total of 13 different drivers have led at least one lap so far this season.
· There have been 17 lead changes.
· 49 of the combined 92 starters of the feature events have finished on the lead lap.
· 76 of the 92 starters completed the event.
· Five drivers have completed all 412 laps; Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Brian Hoar, Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Austin Theriault, and Jean-Paul Cyr.
· 10 different drivers have earned a top five.
· Helliwell is the only driver with three top fives. He has the best average finish with 1.67.
· 21 different drivers have earned a top ten.
· Austin Theriault is the only other driver with three top tens.
· Brian Hoar, Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Jean-Paul Cyr, Luke Hinkley and Ray Parent are the only other drivers with two top tens.
· Nick Sweet has the best average starting position with 3.7.
· Austin Theriault has been the hard charger so far this season, improving his starting position by 47 total positions. His average starting position is 17.3 while his average finish is 5.0.
· There have been 9 different winners in the 11 heat races. Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. is the only driver with multiple heat wins. He’s won all three of his heats.
Just 66 points separate the top five in the ACT standings and with remaining events any mistake could mean the difference in the ACT title hunt.
The American Canadian Tour Late Models will continue their competitive 2012 season with the Oxford 150 at Oxford Plains Speedway in Oxford, ME on Sunday, May 20.