Serie ACT Castrol
Saturday, June 09 2012 @ 10:38 PM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Donald Theetge Scores Série ACT Castrol Win at Chaudiere
Donald Theetge of Boischatel, QC scored a win in the Série ACT Castrol 150 lap event at Autodrome Chaudiere on Saturday, June 9. Theetge led the final six laps of the event after dominant leader Patrick Laperle suffered heartbreak when he broke a driveshaft joint on lap 144. Dany Trepanier followed Theetge to the line for second followed by Jean-François Déry.
Theetge and Laperle worked their way through the 26 car field from the twelfth and eleventh starting positions respectively. Theetge got around early leader Patrick Hamel on lap 37 and began making his way through heavy lap traffic over a long green flag run. Laperle took the lead in the outside lane following a lap 70 restart and appeared to have the car to beat as he dominated for the next 70 laps. He appeared to have the race in hand as he built a lead working his way through lap traffic, but he unexpectedly slowed coming down the front stretch on lap 144 and coasted to a stop at the top of turn 2 after his driveshaft failure.
Theetge held off Trepanier who was all over his back bumper for the final six laps. Déry, Steven Boissonneault and Sylvain Lacombe completed the top five. Rookie driver Etienne Cliche finished in sixth as the final car on the lead lap. Tony Cote, Eric LeHoux, Patrick Hamel and David Michaud rounded out the top ten. Former Série ACT Castrol Champion and winner of the season opener Karl Allard suffered ignition issues and finished 13th, two laps of the pace.
The event was completed in 56 minutes and 48 seconds with just five cautions. A total of 30 cars attempted to qualify for the 26 car field.
Theetge now becomes the sixth qualifier for the Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 22. He joins Brian Hoar, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Ben Ashline, Nick Sweet, and Karl Allard.
The Série ACT Castrol will be back in action next Saturday, June 16 with their third event of the season at Circuit Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, QC.
Chaudiere 150 Unofficial Results
Série ACT Castrol
Autodrome Chaudiere – Vallee-Jct., QC
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (12) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 150 Laps
2. (13) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 150 Laps
3. (16) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 150 Laps
4. (3) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC, 150 Laps
5. (18) Sylvain Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC, 150 Laps
6. (4) #Etienne Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC, 150 Laps
7. (17) Tony Cote, Beauceville, QC, 149 Laps
8. (10) Eric LeHoux, St-Elzear,QC, 149 Laps
9. (2) Patrick Hamel, Sainte-Croix, QC, 149 Laps
10. (25) David Michaud, St-An-des-Plns, QC, 149 Laps
11. (20) Jonathan Desbiens, Levis, QC, 149 Laps
12. (22) Steve Lesage, Pont-Rouge, QC, 148 Laps
13. (14) Karl Allard, Saint-Felicien, QC, 148 Laps
14. (21) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 148 Laps
15. (8) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Cyprien, QC, 148 Laps
16. (24) Spencer MacPherson, Carleton Place, ON, 148 Laps
17. (9) Marc Beaudoin, St-Anne, QC, 147 Laps
18. (1) Jacques Poulin, East Broughton, QC, 146 Laps
19. (23) Eric Giguere, St-Georges, QC, 145 Laps
20. (11) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC, 144 Laps
21. (19) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, 130 Laps
22. (6) #Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 111 Laps
23. (5) Maxime Pelletier, Mascouche, QC, 99 Laps
24. (15) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chry., QC, 71 Laps
25. (7) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 37 Laps
26. (26) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 2 Laps
Lap Leaders: Patrick Hamel, 1-14; Steven Boissonneault, 15-23; Hamel, 24-36; Donald Theetge, 37-70; Patrick Laperle, 71-144; Donald Theetge, 145-150
Time of Race: 56:48
Margin of Victory: ..179 seconds
Cautions: 5 (Lap 10, 12, 70, 89, 144)
Heat Winners: Patrick Hamel, Patrick Boyer, Eric LeHoux, Donald Theetge
Consi Winners: Patrick Cliche, Jean-Francois Dery
B-Feature: Stephane Descoste