Contributed by: ACT Staff
ACT EventsSite Events
ACT Tour Points
SÚrie ACT Points
American Canadian Tour
Saturday, July 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Austin Theriault Battles to Rain Shorten Win at Beech Ridge
Fort Kent, ME’s Austin Theriault secured his first career American Canadian Tour win in a rain shortened event at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, ME on Saturday, July 28. Theriault and his Pelletier Ford Ford Fusion battled with last year’s Beech Ridge ACT winner Jeff Taylor of Farmington, ME for the majority of the event and came out on top just before the fourth and final caution flew on lap 112 due to rain. Jay, ME’s Dave Farrington, Jr. had a career day and completed the all Maine and all Ford podium.Twenty-nine American Canadian Tour Late Models took the green flag with the threat of rain looming over head. Taylor jumped to the lead from the pole position but not without Theriault all over his back bumper. Sporadic sprinkles of rain began around the lap 20 mark and Theriault decided to make his move, taking the lead on lap 26. The 18 year old Theriault broke out to a straight away lead and began picking off lap traffic until the first caution flew on lap 69.
Theriault’s day was nearly ruined as two cars spun coming off turn four directly in front of the leader. After narrowly avoiding both spinning cars and the front stretch wall, Theirault regained the top spot for the restart. With the outside line being the preferred lane, Taylor and Theriault would swap the lead back and forth over the next two cautions on lap 82 and 108.
Theriault took the lead for the final time on lap 108 and just four laps later the skies opened up, ending the race at lap 112 and making Theriault the third different first time ACT winner of 2012. Taylor and Farrington were followed to the line by another Ford in the way of Turner, ME’s Glen Luce and eight-time ACT Champion Brian Hoar rounded out the top five.
ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Brent Dragon, TJ Brackett, Eddie MacDonald and Rowland Robinson, Jr. completed the top ten. All twenty-nine starters were on the track for the finish. The event was completed in 57 minutes and 5 seconds with four cautions, the final one coming out for rain. A total of 35 ACT Late Models attempted to qualify for the event.
Theriault punches his ticket to the fourth annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 22. He joins Brian Hoar, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Nick Sweet, Ben Ashline, Karl Allard, Jean-Francois Dery, Patrick Laperle, Donald Theetge and Oxford 250 winner Joey Polewarczyk, Jr.
The American Canadian Tour has next weekend off before heading to Sanair Super Speedway in St-Pie, Quebec. ACT’s sister series, ACT Tour (US) and Série ACT Castrol, will tackle Sanair in a combination 100 lap event for the first time since 2006.
American Canadian Tour Unofficial Results
Beech Ridge Motor Speedway – Scarborough, ME
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (2) Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, ME, 112 Laps
2. (1) Jeff Taylor, Farmington, ME, 112 Laps
3. (4) Dave Farrington Jr., Jay, ME, 112 Laps
4. (6) Glen Luce, Turner, ME, 112 Laps
5. (11) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, 112 Laps
6. (9) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, 112 Laps
7. (3) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT, 112 Laps
8. (23) TJ Brackett, Buckfield, ME, 112 Laps
9. (16) Eddie MacDonald, Rowley, MA, 112 Laps
10. (20) Rowland Robinson, Jr., Birch Harbor, ME, 112 Laps
11. (7) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, 112 Laps
12. (17) Travis Stearns, Auburn, ME, 112 Laps
13. (5) Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT, 112 Laps
14. (14) Shawn Martin, Turner, ME, 112 Laps
15. (12) Tim Brackett, Buckfield, ME, 112 Laps
16. (19) Ricky Rolfe, Albany Twp, ME, 112 Laps
17. (13) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 112 Laps
18. (10) #Ben Lynch, Derry, NH, 112 Laps
19. (15) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH, 111 Laps
20. (24) #Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 111 Laps
21. (22) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 111 Laps
22. (27) Jeffrey Labrecque Jr., Rochester, NH, 111 Laps
23. (25) Chris Smith, Buxton, ME, 111 Laps
24. (28) Pat Floyd, Chester, NH, 111 Laps
25. (21) Todd Davis, Claremont, NH, 111 Laps
26. (18) Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT, 111 Laps
27. (8) Scott Luce, Strong, ME, 111 Laps
28. (29) James Linardy, Somerville, MA, 109 Laps
29. (30) Spencer MacPherson, Carleton Place, ON, 108 Laps
Lap Leader: Jeff Taylor, 1-25; Austin Theriault, 26-82; Taylor, 83-108; Theriault, 109-112.
Time of Race: 57:05
Margin of Victory: .218 seconds
Cautions: 4 (Lap 69, 82, 108, 112 (Rain))
Heat Winners: Brian Hoar, Tim Brackett, Austin Theriault, Scott Luce
Consi Winners:Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Rowland Robinson, Jr.
B-Feature Winner: Chris Smith
| Copyright © 2014 ACT
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
|Powered By Geeklog
Layout by Stainless Design