Riverside Can-Am 200
Sunday, August 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Brian Hoar Claims Third Straight Can-Am 200
Eight-time American Canadian Tour Champion Brian Hoar of Williston, VT outdueled Quebec’s Jean-François Déry for his third straight Can-Am 200 win at Circuit Riverside Speedway on Saturday, August 25. Hoar and Déry ran nose to tail with Déry out front for the majority of the event as the two lapped all but the top nine cars. As the ten laps to go signal was given, Hoar turned up the pressure and began his assault for the lead.
The two swapped the lead several times over the next three laps, but Déry held the lead each time at the line. Hoar completed an incredible inside-out move in turn one on lap 192 to complete the pass for the win, his third of the season. Déry was followed to the line by defending Série ACT Castrol Champion Patrick Laperle and Donald Theetge in third and fourth respectively.
Veteran ACT competitor Randy Potter rebounded for a fifth place finish after being involved in a wreck on the very first lap of his heat race. After missing the consolation event as they completely rebuilt the front suspension, Potter was relegated to the 34th starting position and worked his way to fifth during the event.
Austin Theriault, current ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., and Karl Allard were the only remaining cars on the lead lap. Série ACT Castrol star Dany Trepanier completed the top ten.
A total of 36 cars were on hand for the combination ACT Tour (US) and Série ACT Castrol (QC) 200 lap event. There were just five cautions and the event was completed in one hour, forty-seven minutes and forty-nine seconds. All 36 cars took the green flag with 26 on the track for the checkered flag.
The Bond Auto ACT Invitational qualifiers remains at ten as Hoar already punched his ticket for the Saturday, September 22 event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Other qualifiers are Déry, Laperle, Theetge, Theriault, Helliwell, Polewarczyk, Allard, Nick Sweet and Ben Ashline.
Both tours will be back in action next weekend. The Série ACT Castrol will head back to Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, QC for a 150-lap event on Saturday, September 1. The ACT Tour returns to its home track of Thunder Road in Barre, VT for the 34th Annual Bond Auto Labor Day Classic on Sunday, September 2.
Riverside Can-Am 200 Unofficial Results
Circuit Riverside Speedway – St-Croix, QC
ACT Tour – Serie ACT Castrol
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps
1. (5) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, 200 Laps
2. (8) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 200 Laps
3. (3) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC, 200 Laps
4. (14) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 200 Laps
5. (34) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH, 200 Laps
6. (20) Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, ME, 200 Laps
7. (19) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, 200 Laps
8. (2) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, 200 Laps
9. (1) Karl Allard, Saint-Felicien, QC, 200 Laps
10. (6) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 199 Laps
11. (10) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC, 199 Laps
12. (4) David Michaud, St-An-des-Plns, QC, 199 Laps
13. (23) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT, 199 Laps
14. (21) Patrick Hamel, Sainte-Croix, QC, 199 Laps
15. (11) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 198 Laps
16. (9) Mark Lamberton, Mooers Forks, NY, 198 Laps
17. (15) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacôme, QC, 198 Laps
18. (26) #Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 198 Laps
19. (22) Ricky Rolfe, Albany Twp, ME, 198 Laps
20. (30) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 197 Laps
21. (12) Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT, 197 Laps
22. (13) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 197 Laps
23. (16) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 195 Laps
24. (27) Jacques Poulin, East Broughton, QC, 195 Laps
25. (24) Yannick Tremblay, Chicoutimi, QC, 194 Laps
26. (31) James Linardy, Somerville, MA, 191 Laps
27. (28) Rejean Bissonnette, St-Adele, QC, 177 Laps
28. (25) Spencer MacPherson, Carleton Place, ON, 168 Laps
29. (7) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, 144 Laps
30. (32) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chry., QC, 113 Laps
31. (29) #Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 73 Laps
32. (18) Rowland Robinson, Jr., Birch Harbor, ME, 51 Laps
33. (36) Eric LeHoux, St-Elzear,QC, 46 Laps
34. (17) Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT, 31 Laps
35. (33) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 28 Laps
36. (35) #Etienne Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC, 0 Laps
Lap Leader: Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., 1-2; Patrick Laperle, 3-33; Jean-Francois Dery, 34-192; Brian Hoar, 193-200.
Time of Race: 1:47:49
Margin of Victory: 1.491 seconds
Cautions: 5 (Lap 0, 30, 34, 44, 114)
Heat Winners: Patrick Laperle, David Michaud, Brian Hoar
Consi Winners: Dany Trepanier