Tracks by the Facts - Airborne Speedway
Tuesday, December 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM EST
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Tracks by the Facts – Airborne Speedway
Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, New York will host three ACT-sanctioned events in 2013 including the non-point counting Inaugural International 500 on July 20 and 21. The ½-mile speedway will also host a 100 lap event in May and will be the final stop on the 2013 ACT Tour with the Fall Foliage 200 in September.
· Airborne has held 40 ACT Late Model Tour events, the second most of any track behind Thunder Road.
· Its first event was in May 23, 1992. It was the second ever ACT Late Model Tour event and Brian Hoar took the win.
· The most recent ACT event at Airborne was on October 7, 2012. It was the final ACT event of the 2012 season and Wayne Helliwell, Jr. claimed the win and the 2012 ACT title.
· Brent Dragon and Dave Whitcomb are tied for the most ACT starts at Airborne with 34.
· Brian Hoar holds the record for the most Airborne wins and top fives with 7 and 17 respectively, in his 28 starts.
· Brent Dragon holds the record for most top tens with 26. Dragon is also a three-time Airborne Champion.
· Brian Hoar has earned $31,857 in his 28 starts at Airborne, the most for any driver.
· There have been a total of 5,592 laps run in the 40 events.
· Brian Hoar holds the record for most laps led at Airborne with 723.
· Mark Lamberton has the record for most laps led in an event when he led 181 laps in the 2001 ACT season finale and claimed his second Airborne win of the season.
· Airborne is also tied with Thunder Road for the most lead changes in an event with 19 in the Fall Foliage 300 won by Patrick Laperle on September 13, 2009.
· Airborne has a high of 15 caution flags in the 2000 Interstate Batteries 100 event and a low of 3 cautions in the 1996 Sprin Green.
· Pete Fecteau (1992) and Lance Ferno (1995) are tied for the most positions improved in an event with 29.
· Jamie Fisher is the only ACT rookie with a win at Airborne. He won his first ever ACT event on August 7, 1999 in a 100-lap event at Airborne.
· 12 drivers have earned their first career wins at Airborne. Brian Hoar (1992), Dennis Demers (1993), Richard Buzzi (1995), Pete Fecteau (1996), Steve Renaudette (1997), Chris Fisher (1998), Jamie Fisher (1999), Mark Lamberton (1999), Patrick Laperle (1999), Todd Stone (2001), Jacob McGrath (2002), Ryan Nolin (2007).
· There have been a total of 21 different ACT winners at Airborne. Joining the 12 winners listed above are Pat Corbett, Jean-Paul Cyr, Brent Dragon, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Steve Miller, Scott Payea, Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Phil Scott, Dave Whitcomb.