Tracks by the Facts - Riverside Speedway
Tuesday, January 08 2013 @ 09:07 AM EST
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Tracks by the Facts – Riverside Speedway (NH)
Riverside Speedway in Groveton, New Hampshire returns to the American Canadian Tour schedule after an 8 season hiatus. The ¼-mile speedway will host the fifth event of the 2013 ACT US schedule, which will be 150 laps on Sunday, June 2.
· Riverside Speedway hosted its first ever ACT event in the tour’s second season in 1993.
· There have been a total of 10 ACT events at Riverside with the most recent in July of 2004.
· Brent Dragon and Dave Whitcomb have started all 10 ACT events at Riverside.
· Brian Hoar has earned the most wins at Riverside with three. He won the first ever ACT event at Riverside in 1993 and also won in 1994 and 2000.
· Brent Dragon also won at Riverside in 1994. He holds the record for most money earned at $7,515, most top fives (5) and most top tens (7).
· Former ACT competitor Jim Cilley holds the record for the most laps led at Riverside with 150. All 150 laps came in his 1996 flag-to-flag win.
· Jean-Paul Cyr and Brian Hoar are tied for the most events led with three apiece.
· Riverside has a high of 11 caution flags in the 2000 event and a low of 3 caution flags in the May 1994 event.
· Phil Scott holds the record for the most positions gained in an event when he raced from 24th to 3rd in the 100 lap event in 2000.
· Dave Pembroke also set the record for highest finishing rookie in the 2000 event when he finished 5th. Pembroke is also the most recent ACT winner at Riverside, claiming the 2004 win.
· There have been a total of eight different ACT winners at Riverside: Jim Cilley, Jean-Paul Cyr, Brent Dragon, Lance Ferno, Jamie Fisher, Brian Hoar, Joey Laquerre and Dave Pembroke.
· Brent Dragon and Lance Ferno earned their first career ACT wins at Riverside.