ACT "Tracks by the Facts" Star Speedway
Tuesday, January 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM EST
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Tracks by the Facts – Star Speedway
Star Speedway in Epping, New Hampshire returns to the American Canadian Tour schedule after a 9 season hiatus. The ¼-mile speedway will host the eighth event of the 2013 ACT US schedule, which will be 150 laps on Saturday, July 6.
· ACT has run a total of 5 events at Star with the first on April 21, 2001 and the most recent on July 26, 2003.
· Cris Michaud won the first ever ACT event at the speedway in 2001.
· Todd Stone claimed the win in the most recent ACT event held at Star in 2003.
· There have been 5 different winners in the 5 events. Michaud and Stone are joined by Jamie Fisher, Patrick Laperle and Scott Dragon.
· Michaud’s and Dragon’s wins were the first ACT victories of their careers.
· Eleven different drivers have started all 5 ACT events at Star: Cris Michaud, Jamie Fisher, Patrick Laperle, Todd Stone, Phil Scott, Brent Dragon, Dave Pembroke, Chad Wheeler, Pete Fecteau, Eric Williams, and Ken Dufour.
· Dwayne Lanphear holds the record for the most top fives with 3 in his 4 starts.
· Phil Scott holds the record with 4 top tens in his 5 starts.
· Cris Michaud has earned the most money with $4,050.
· Each of ACT’s events at start has been 100 laps for a total of 500 laps run.
· Todd Stone holds the record for most career laps led at Star with 90.
· Scott Dragon holds the record for the most laps led in an event. He led 81 laps on his way to his 2002 win.
· Cris Michaud holds the record for the most positions gained in a single event with 19. He came from 22nd to finish 3rd in the July 2001 event.
· Ryan Moore has the highest finish of any rookie at Star with a 3rd in the July 2002 event.