ACT "Tracks by the Facts" - Sanair Super Speedway
Tuesday, February 05 2013 @ 09:31 AM EST
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Tracks by the Facts – Sanair Super Speedway
The first ever American Canadian Tour Late Model event was held at Sanair Super Speedway in St-Pie, Quebec back in April of 1992. The 9/10ths mile speedway has hosted seven (7) ACT Late Model events since, including last year’s 100-lap event. Sanair returns to the schedule again in 2013 with the 150-lap Saturday, August 3 event. It will be the 10th of 14 ACT Late Model events scheduled in 2013.
· Norm Andrews won the first ever ACT Late Model Tour event on April 26, 1992. He claimed the 25-lap feature win, his only ACT win to date.
· ACT returned to the tri-oval in 2012 after five seasons. Wayne Helliwell, Jr. claimed the win.
· Sanair has seen six different winners in ACT’s 7 events: Brian Hoar (2), Norm Andrews, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Joey Laquerre, Steve Miller and Ben Rowe.
· Norm Andrews, Steve Miller and Joey Laquerre all earned their first career ACT wins at Sanair.
· Jean-Paul Cyr, Brent Dragon, Brian Hoar and Phil Scott have all started six of the seven events.
· Brian Hoar holds the record for most wins (2), most top fives (4) and the most top tens (5) in his six starts.
· Ben Rowe holds the record for the most money earned at Sanair. He claimed the win in his only start at Sanair in 2006. It was worth $10,050.
· ACT has run a total of 452 laps in its 5 events at Sanair. The first four events held their were 25 laps apiece (2 in 1992, 2 in 1993), while the 1998 event was 102 laps, the 2006 event was 150 laps and the 2012 race was 100 laps.
· Patrick Laperle holds the record for the most career laps led at Sanair and the most laps led in an event. He led 52 laps in the 2012 event to bring his career total to 102.
· The record for most positions gained in an event belongs to Johnny Clark. In 2006 he came from the 30th starting position to finish 8th for a gain of 22 spots.
· Ben Lynch claimed the highest finish for a rookie at Sanair with a 7th place effort in 2012.
· The last three ACT winners at Sanair, Joey Laquerre (1998), Ben Rowe (2006) and Wayne Helliwell, Jr. (2012), have all won in their first and only starts at the speedway to date.