ACT "Tracks by the Facts" - Beech Ridge Motor Speedway
Tuesday, February 12 2013 @ 08:20 AM EST
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Tracks by the Facts – Beech Ridge Motor Speedway
Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Maine was one of the tracks on the ACT Late Model Tour’s inaugural season in 1992. The 1/3-mile speedway was also on the 1993 schedule before a 16 season hiatus. The tour returned in 2009 and has made annual visit each season since. The 2013 event is scheduled for Saturday, August 17.
· Beech Ridge held the 7th ever ACT Late Model event. Dave Whitcomb took the win in the 50 lapper in September of 1992.
· Austin Theriault is the most recent ACT Beech Ridge winner. He claimed his first career ACT win in a rain shortened event in 2012.
· Beech Ridge has seen six different winners in its six events to date: Dave Whitcomb (1992), Pat Corbett (1993), Brian Hoar (2009), Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. (2010), Jeff Taylor (2011), and Austin Theriault (2012).
· The speedway seems to be a site for firsts for ACT. Dave Whitcomb, Pat Corbett, Jeff Taylor and Austin Theriault all claimed their first ACT wins at Beech Ridge. Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. secured the first ever ACT win for Ford Racing at Beech Ridge in 2010.
· Brent Dragon and Brian Hoar have both started all six ACT Beech Ridge events to date.
· Brian Hoar and Austin Theriault hold the record for most top fives with 3 apeice.
· Brian Hoar also has the record for most top tens with 5.
· Jeff Taylor holds the record for the most money earned in Beech Ridge ACT competition at $5,250.
· ACT has completed 642 laps in its six events including the 2012 rained shortened event which was cut short at 112 laps.
· Brian Hoar holds the record for most career laps led at Beech Ridge with 156.
· Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. holds the record for most laps led in a single event. On his way to his 2010 victory he led 124 laps.
· John Donahue holds the record for most positions gained in an event at Beech Ridge. In 2009 he raced his way from 32nd to 8th for a total of 24 spots.
· Austin Theriault holds the record for best rookie finish with a runner-up effort in 2010.