Tracks by the Facts - Autodrome Chaudiere
Tuesday, March 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Tracks by the Facts – Autodrome Chaudiere
Autodrome Chaudiere in Valle-Jonction, Quebec will host the 5th event on the Serie ACT Castrol 2013 schedule. The 1/3-mile speedway has hosted 12 Serie ACT Castrol events to date.
· Michael Lavoie won the first ever Serie ACT Castrol event held at Autodrome Chaudiere on June 29, 2007.
· Patrick Laperle won the most recent Serie ACT Castrol event at Chaudiere on August 3, 2012.
· Donald Theetge holds the record for the most wins with 4. Other winners include Karl Allard (3), Patrick Laperle (3), Alexandre Gingras, and Michael Lavoie.
· Patrick Laperle holds the record for most top fives (9), most top tens (10) and most money earned ($18,230).
· Laperle has also led the most laps at Chaudiere with 597 and the most most laps led in a single event with 138 on May 21, 2011.
· Karl Allard and Patrick Laperle are tied for a record 8 events led at Chaudiere.
· Karl Allard and Jacques Poulin have both started all 12 Serie ACT Castrol events at Chaudiere to date.
· The Série ACT Castrol has run a total of 1,601 laps in its 12 events at Chaudiere.
· The May 21, 2011 event at Chaudiere set the record for the most caution flags in any event in ACT history (Castrol or US) with 23.
· The fewest caution flags in an event is 3 in the August 3, 2012 event.
· Claude Leclerc holds the record for the most positions gained in an event with 19. He came from 25th to finish 6th in the June 6, 2009 event.
· Patrick Hamel holds the record for the best rookie finish with a fourth on August 16, 2008.
· Chaudiere has also hosted the five “Showdown at Chaudiere” All-Star events to date. Winners are Patrick Laperle (2008), Brent Dragon (2009), Patrick Laperle (2010), Brian Hoar (2011) and Dany Trepanier (2012). The US team won the combined total in each of the first four events (2008-2011), while the Castrol team took the combined win in 2012.