Contributed by: ACT Staff
ACT Tour Points
SÚrie ACT Points
Serie ACT - Circuit Riverside Speedway
Sunday, June 09 2013 @ 09:20 PM EDT
Contributed by: ACT Staff
Jean-François Déry Battles Way to Série ACT Win
The 2013 Série ACT season finally got underway with the Riverside 100 at St-Croix, Quebec’s Circuit Riverside Speedway on Sunday, June 9. Quebec City’s Jean-François Déry battled his way from his 20th starting position to steal the win from longtime event leader Patrick Cliche. Cliche led the majority of the 100 lap event, but Déry stole the win on a restart with just ten laps to go.
Déry held off Cliche on two restarts in the final three laps, while Série ACT veteran Claude Leclerc got by Cliche on the final restart to claim second. Two-time Série ACT Champion Donald Theetge worked his way from 18th to take 4th with Alex Labbe completing the top five.
Patrick Boyer, Jacques Poulin, Maxime Pelletier, 2012 Série ACT Rookie of the Year Etienne Cliche and Patrick Hamel rounded out the top ten.The event was delayed by rain early in the day. After getting under way, the race saw 11 cautions for only minor spins.
Jean-François Déry becomes the first Série ACT qualifier for the Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 21. He joins ACT US competitor’s Jimmy Hebert, Brian Hoar, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., and Derrick O’Donnell as qualifiers.
The Série ACT will be back in action when they return to Autodrome St-Eustache on Saturday, June 22 to run their previously postponed 100-lap event.
Série ACT Unofficial Results
Circuit Riverside Speedway – St-Croix, QC
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed.
1. (20) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 100 Laps
2. (8) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie,QC, 100 Laps
3. (12) Patrick Cliche , St-Jean-Chr., QC, 100 Laps
4. (18) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 100 Laps
5. (3) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, QC, 100 Laps
6. (10) Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 100 Laps
7. (17) Jacques Poulin, E. Broughton, QC, 100 Laps
8. (22) Maxime Pelletier, Mascouche, QC, 100 Laps
9. (15) Etienne Cliche , Vallee-Jct., QC, 100 Laps
10. (13) Patrick Hamel, St-Croix, QC, 100 Laps
11. (11) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 100 Laps
12. (23) Eric Lehoux, St-Elzear, QC, 100 Laps
13. (2) William Roberge, Pintendre, QC, 100 Laps
14. (16) #Christopher Bedard, Montreal, QC, 98 Laps
15. (7) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 98 Laps
16. (6) #Martin Goulet, Mascouche, QC, 97 Laps
17. (4) Sylvain Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC, 74 Laps
18. (9) #Marco Bilodeau, Vallee-Jct., QC, 72 Laps
19. (1) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC, 66 Laps
20. (14) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 62 Laps
21. (5) Justin Holtom, Ottawa, ON, 56 Laps
22. (19) Marco Savoie, St Lambert, QC, 34 Laps
23. (21) Leo Poirier, Ottawa, ON, 13 Laps
Lap Leaders: Steven Boissonneault, 1-3; Sylvain Lacombe, 4-8; Justin Holtom, 9-10; Lacombe, 11-18; Patrick Cliche 19-90; Jean-Francois Dery, 91-100.
Time of Race: 1:25:56
Margin of Victory: .374 seconds
Cautions: 11 (laps 3, 8, 10, 15, 18, 35, 40, 69, 89, 97, 98)Heat Winners: Sylvain Lacombe, Patrick Boyer, Etienne Cliche
| Copyright © 2018 ACT
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
|Powered By Geeklog
Layout by Stainless Design