Donald Theetge Takes Second Straight Série ACT Win
Boischatel, Quebec’s Donald Theetge earned his second straight Série ACT win on Friday, July 5 at Autodrome Chaudiere in Vallee-Jct., QC. Theetge used the final restart on lap 131 of the 150 lap event to muscle his way around longtime event leader Patrick Laperle. Laperle made several last ditch efforts over the final 19 laps, but to no avail as Theetge protected the outside line and took away Laperle’s momentum.
The two rivals spent the majority of the event at the front after working their way from about mid-pack of the 26 car field. Laperle would get to the point first, taking away the lead from Dany Trepanier on lap 46. Theetge pulled up to his rear bumper one lap later and the latest chapter of the Theetge/Laperle rivalry began. The two swapped the lead several times over the remainder of the event and through several restarts. Laperle seemed to have the field covered until Theetge restarted on the outside on the final restart.
David Michaud worked his way from dead last on the field to complete the podium. Jean-François Déry and Etienne Cliche completed the top five. Dany Trepanier, Jacques Poulin, Claude Leclerc, Pier-Luc Ouellette, and Jonathan Bouvrette rounded out the second half of the top ten.
Top point drivers Patrick Cliche and Alex Labbe both had rough nights after being involved in separate incidents. Cliche got tangled up with another car near the halfway mark of the event, and while he was able to continue, not long after something in the front end of his automobile broke. He lost a couple of laps making the repairs under green but still managed to finish 12th.
Labbe was involved in the worst wreck of the night. A hard six car pileup started with Steven Boissonneault’s car breaking coming off turn two. The ensuing incident sent Labbe hard into the backstretch wall with more cars piling in behind him. The event was red flagged for just over 12 minutes to clean up the incident.
Série ACT will be back in action next Saturday, July 13 with a 150 lap event at Circuit Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, QC. Many of the Série ACT teams will then take a trip south of the border for the ACT International 500 at Airborne Speedway, Plattsburgh, NY on Sunday, July 21.
Série ACT Unofficial Results
Autodrome Chaudiere – Vallee-Jct., QC
Friday, July 5, 2013
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (11) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 150 Laps
2. (9) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC, 150 Laps
3. (26) David Michaud, St-Anne des Plaines,QC, 150 Laps
4. (15) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 150 Laps
5. (25) Etienne Cliche , Vallee-Jct., QC, 150 Laps
6. (10) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 150 Laps
7. (8) Jacques Poulin, E. Broughton, QC, 150 Laps
8. (12) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie,QC, 150 Laps
9. (3) Pier Luc Ouellette, St-Anne des Plaines,QC, 149 Laps
10. (6) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 149 Laps
11. (24) William Roberge, Pintendre, QC, 149 Laps
12. (7) Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 149 Laps
13. (13) Patrick Cliche , St-Jean-Chr., QC, 148 Laps
14. (20) Eric Lehoux, St-Elzear, QC, 148 Laps
15. (19) #Marco Bilodeau, Vallee-Jct., QC, 129 Laps
16. (14) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, QC, 118 Laps
17. (1) Maxime Pelletier, Mascouche, QC, 118 Laps
18. (5) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC, 100 Laps
19. (4) #Martin Junior Goulet, Mascouche, QC, 100 Laps
20. (22) #Christopher Bedard, Montreal, QC, 96 Laps
21. (21) Patrick Hamel, St-Croix, QC, 95 Laps
22. (18) Marco Savoie, St Lambert, QC, 83 Laps
23. (2) Justin Holtom, Ottawa, ON, 79 Laps
24. (17) Jean-Pierre Ouimet, Terrebonne, QC, 59 Laps
25. (23) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 40 Laps
26. (16) Sylvain Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC, 31 Laps
Lap Leaders: Justin Holtom, 1-7; Jonathan Bouvrette, 8-40; Dany Trepanier, 41-45; Patrick Laperle, 46-87; Donald Theetge, 88-89; Laperle, 90-99; Theetge, 100-101; Laperle, 102-131; Theetge, 132-150.
Time of Race: 1:33:50 (Including Red for 12:55)
Margin of Victory: 1.018 seconds
Cautions: 12 (laps 8, 34, 40, 45, 84, 87, 87, 89, 89, 99, 100(red), 131)
Heat Winners: Steven Boissonneault, Dany Trepanier, Jean-Francois Dery