Contributed by: ACT Staff
Bobby Therrien Blisters Field to First ACT Win
Rookie Bobby Therrien of Hinesburg, VT set a blistering pace on his way to his first career American Canadian Tour win in the 150-lap event at White Mountain Motorsports Park on Saturday, July 13. Therrien led all but two of the 150 laps as the event saw just 1 caution. Therrien and runner-up finisher Brock Davis broke away from the field following the lap 44 caution and built a large lead while negotiating heavy lap traffic.Current ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr. worked his way up from his 9th starting position to third but couldn’t catch the lead two. Brent Dragon took 4th while Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. came all the way from 18th to complete the top five. Jimmy Hebert took 6th while Ben Lynch marched from 20th to 7th. Glen Luce earned 8th, Jeff White 9th and Quinny Welch recovered from a spin to complete the top ten.
Therrien and Davis built a nearly half-track lead over the rest of the field during the final 106 laps under green. Therrien crossed the line 40 minutes and 38 seconds after the green flag.
Therrien becomes the 9th ACT Bond Invitational qualifier for the Saturday, September 21st event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. He joins Jimmy Hebert, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Brian Hoar, Jean-François Déry, Donald Theetge, Derrick O’Donnell and Cody Blake.
The stars of the American Canadian Tour will now set their sights on the biggest stock car event of the summer, the ACT International 500 next Sunday, July 21 at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, NY. Over 60 cars are expected for the $25,000 to win event which boasts a purse of over $140,000. The headlining ACT Late Models will be joined by the ground-pounding Airborne Modifieds.
White Mountain 150 Unofficial Results
White Mtn. Motorsports Park – N. Woodstock, NH
American Canadian Tour
Saturday, July 13, 2013
1. (1) #Bobby Therrien, Hinesburg, VT, 150 Laps
2. (3) Brock Davis, Whitefield, NH, 150 Laps
3. (9) Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Dover, NH, 150 Laps
4. (8) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT, 150 Laps
5. (18) Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Hudson, NH, 150 Laps
6. (12) Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 150 Laps
7. (20) Ben Lynch, Huntersville, NC, 150 Laps
8. (13) Glen Luce, Turner, ME, 150 Laps
9. (2) Jeff White, Winthrop, ME, 150 Laps
10. (14) Quinten Welch, Lancaster, NH, 150 Laps
11. (5) Nick Sweet, Barre, VT, 149 Laps
12. (7) Chip Grenier, Graniteville, VT, 149 Laps
13. (10) #Joey M. Laquerre, E. Montpelier, VT, 149 Laps
14. (21) #Travis Stearns, Auburn, ME, 149 Laps
15. (15) Rowland Robinson Jr., Steuben, ME, 149 Laps
16. (19) DJ Shaw, Center Conway, NH, 149 Laps
17. (17) Todd Davis, Claremont, NH, 149 Laps
18. (6) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 149 Laps
19. (4) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 149 Laps
20. (23) Mike Kenison, Lancaster, NH, 149 Laps
21. (16) #Kyle Welch, Newport, NH, 148 Laps
22. (11) Jimmy Linardy, Somerville, MA, 147 Laps
23. (24) Katrina Canney, Burrington, NH, 141 Laps
24. (22) John Falconi, Oakham, MA, 15 Laps
25. (25) Travis Fadden, N. Haverhill, NH, 6 Laps
Lap Leaders: Bobby Therrien, 1-44; Brock Davis, 45-46; Therrien, 47-150.
Time of Race: 40:38
Margin of Victory: 1.296 seconds
Cautions: 1 (lap 44)
Heat Winners: Ray Parent, Jimmy Hebert, Glen Luce
Consi Winner: Ben Lynch