Contributed by: ACT Staff
Patrick Cliche Hangs on for Montmagny 150 Win
Patrick Cliche edged out Alex Labbe at the line for his second win of the season in the Montmagny 150 at Autodrome Montmagny on Saturday, August 31. Cliche appeared to be cruising to victory until the fourth and final caution flew on lap 135.
Cliche battled with Donald Theetge during the first half of the event as the two swapped the lead on the first three restarts. The event then went caution free from lap 54 til lap 135. Cliche had built a comfortable lead as he caught lap traffic and began working his way through. In the meantime, Labbe was charging to the front from his 14th place starting position.
It appeared Labbe would run out of laps to catch Cliche until the final caution flag flew. Labbe started to the outside of Cliche but quickly fell in line after the green. Cliche protected the bottom as Labbe worked over his back bumper looking for any mistake over the final 15 laps. The opening finally came as they charged off turn four coming to the checkered flag. Labbe worked his way under Cliche and they drag raced to the line. Cliche took the win by just .052 seconds.
Cliche and Labbe were followed to the line by Donald Theetge, current point leader Jean-François Déry and Jonathan Bouvrette completing the top five. Patrick Hamel, Dany Trepanier, Jacques Poulin, Claude Leclerc and Stephane Descoste rounded out the top ten.
Cliche had already received an invitation to the 5th annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 28 due to his win earlier this season.
The Série ACT takes next weekend off before heading to Autodrome St-Eustache for a doubleheader weekend to wrap up the 2013 season. A 100 lap make-up event will be run on Saturday, September 14 with the 200-lap finale on Sunday, September 15.
Serie ACT Montmagny 150 Unofficial Results
Autodrome Montmagny – Montmagny, QC
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (5) Patrick Cliche , St-Jean-Chr., QC, 150 Laps
2. (14) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, QC, 150 Laps
3. (3) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 150 Laps
4. (10) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 150 Laps
5. (7) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 150 Laps
6. (17) Patrick Hamel, St-Croix, QC, 150 Laps
7. (6) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 150 Laps
8. (13) Jacques Poulin, E. Broughton, QC, 150 Laps
9. (1) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie,QC, 150 Laps
10. (11) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 150 Laps
11. (8) Etienne Cliche , Vallee-Jct., QC, 150 Laps
12. (15) Marco Savoie, St Lambert, QC, 149 Laps
13. (2) Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 149 Laps
14. (12) David Michaud, St-Anne des Plaines,QC, 149 Laps
15. (4) #Martin Goulet, Mascouche, QC, 148 Laps
16. (16) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 147 Laps
17. (18) Jean Lamontagne, St-Lambert, QC, 146 Laps
18. (9) Daniel Descoste, St-Joseph-du-Lac, QC, 95 Laps
19. (19) #Christopher Bedard, Montreal, QC, 52 Laps
Lap Leaders: Donald Theetge, 1-32; Patrick Cliche, 33-43; Theetge, 44-55; Cliche, 56-150.
Time of Race: 55:31
Cautions: 4 (laps 30, 41, 54, 135)
Margin of Victory: .052 seconds