Contributed by: ACT Staff
Alex Labbe Rebounds with Serie ACT Riverside Win
One week after demolishing his Larue Industrial Snow Blowers Ford Fusion at St-Eustache, Alex Labbe of St-Albert, QC claimed the win at Circuit Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, QC on Saturday, May 31. Labbe led the final 50 laps of the event on his way to victory lane.
Jean-Francois Dery led early in the event from the pole position before relinquishing the lead to Dany Trepanier following the one and only caution of the event on lap 7. Trepanier would hold onto the lead until just before the halfway point when Labbe would take over for good.
Labbe’s Ford Fusion had to be completely rebuilt following the St-Eustache event last weekend. With under 10 laps to go, he lost control entering turn three after hitting oil laid down by a blown motor and slammed hard into the outside wall.
The Serie ACT Quebec will be back in action next Saturday, June 7 with their third event of the 2014 season and their first trip of the year to Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, QC.
Serie ACT Quebec Unofficial Results
Circuit Riverside Speedway – St-Croix, QC
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (3) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, Qc, 100 Laps
2. (2) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, Qc, 100 Laps
3. (6) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, Qc, 100 Laps
4. (8) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chrysostome, Qc, 100 Laps
5. (11) Patrick Hamel, Ste-Croix, Qc, 100 Laps
6. (4) Patrick Boyer, Québec, Qc, 100 Laps
7. (10) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, Qc, 100 Laps
8. (12) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, Qc, 100 Laps
9. (5) Martin Goulet Jr, Mascouche, Qc, 100 Laps
10. (7) Steve Simoneau, Val Bélair, Qc, 100 Laps
11. (14) Dave Coursol, St-Jérome, Qc, 99 Laps
12. (13) Gaetan Gaudreault, Québec, Qc, 99 Laps
13. (15) Maxime Plante, St-Hyacinthe, Qc, 98 Laps
14. (1) Jean-Francois Dery, Québec, Qc, 72 Laps
15. (9) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, Qc, 7 Laps
Lap Leaders: Jean-Francois Dery, 1-8; Dany Trepanier, 9-49; Alex Labbe, 50-100.
Time of Race: 50 min.
Margin of Victory: 3 seconds
Cautions: 1 (lap 7)