Contributed by: ACT Staff
Brian Hoar Captures ACT Spring Green 114 Win
Williston, VT’s Brian Hoar earned his 40th career American Canadian Tour feature win with his Spring Green 114 victory at Devil’s Bowl Speedway in West Haven, VT on Sunday, June 15. Hoar pulled by Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. on the final restart of the event and cruised to the win over the final eight laps. It was Hoar’s fourth Spring Green win.
Croydon, NH’s Aaron Fellows set the pace from the pole position for the first half of the event. He earned the pole position after securing a +5 in ACT’s unique plus/minus system. Through the early stages of the event Fellows held off Jamie Fisher, who challenged him every step of the way.Polewarczyk steadily marched his way from his 9th place starting position to take over the lead just after halfway. He proceeded to build a healthy lead and worked his way through heavy lapped traffic until the event was slowed by the second caution on lap 100.
Following two more quick cautions, Polewarczyk’s lapped car buffer had dwindled from several cars to just one car. Hoar had maneuvered himself from his 12th starting position to second on the field and directly behind Polewarczyk on the lap 101 restart. The seven-time ACT Champion got around the one remaining lapped car, but didn’t appear to have anything for Polewarczyk.
However the final caution flag would fly on lap 106 bringing Hoar to the outside of Polewarczyk on the ensuing restart. Hoar motored by and didn’t look back over the final eight laps. Polewarczyk settled for second followed by Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Quebec’s Stephane Descoste and Nick Sweet. Emily Packard, Jimmy Hebert, Bobby Therrien, Brandon Atkins and Ray Parent completed the top ten.
Fellows and Fisher had solid runs and a fierce battle at the front before having issues in the final laps and finishing 26th and 12th respectively. Fellows made hard contact with the front stretch wall before flying off turn one and hitting another wall bringing out the lap 100 caution. He was slightly banged up but walked away from the wreck. Fisher had a flat tire sending him spinning and bringing out the final caution on lap 106. He managed to change the tire and stay on the lead lap.
Hoar becomes the fifth different winner in five ACT events so far this season. He pockets the $1,000 bonus and a spot in the Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 20.
The 114 lap event was slowed by five cautions. All 34 ACT Late Models in attendance started the feature with 14 of them finishing on the lead lap. The race was completed in just over one hour and five minutes.
The American Canadian Tour makes its annual trip to White Mountain Motorsports Park in North Woodstock, NH next Saturday, June 21 for their sixth event of their nine race 2014 schedule.
Spring Green 114 Unofficial Results
American Canadian Tour
Devil’s Bowl Speedway – West Haven, VT
Sunday, June 15, 2014
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (12) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, 114 Laps
2. (9) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, 114 Laps
3. (21) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, 114 Laps
4. (2) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 114 Laps
5. (14) Nick Sweet, Barre, VT, 114 Laps
6. (4) Emily Packard, E. Montpelier, VT, 114 Laps
7. (13) Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 114 Laps
8. (23) Bobby Therrien, Hinesburg, VT, 114 Laps
9. (7) #Brandon Atkins, AuSable Forks, NY, 114 Laps
10. (6) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 114 Laps
11. (5) Rowland Robinson Jr., Steuben, ME, 114 Laps
12. (3) Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT, 114 Laps
13. (19) #Lance Allen, Barre, VT, 114 Laps
14. (11) Travis Stearns, Auburn, ME, 114 Laps
15. (34) Robert Bryant, Jr., Rutland, VT, 113 Laps
16. (27) Joey Laquerre, East Montpelier, VT, 113 Laps
17. (15) Ben Ashline, Pittston, ME, 113 Laps
18. (20) Ricky Bly, Sonapee, NH, 113 Laps
19. (25) Kyle Welch, Newport, NH, 113 Laps
20. (16) Todd Davis, Claremont, NH, 113 Laps
21. (10) Josh Masterson, Bristol, VT, 112 Laps
22. (31) #Brian Tagg, Oxford, MA, 112 Laps
23. (26) James Linardy, Somerville, MA, 112 Laps
24. (32) #Matt Anderson, Franklin, NH, 111 Laps
25. (18) #Mike Ziter, Williamstown, VT, 104 Laps
26. (1) Aaron Fellows, Croyden, NH, 100 Laps
27. (17) Jeff White, Winthrop, ME, 100 Laps
28. (22) #A.J. Panessiti, Barnstead, NH, 99 Laps
29. (29) Richard Staskowski, Hope Valley, RI, 96 Laps
30. (28) Patrick Emeraling, Orchard Park, NY, 52 Laps
31. (8) Ryan Morgan, Mystic, CT, 42 Laps
32. (33) Dan St. Hilare, Shelburne, VT, 39 Laps
33. (30) #John Falconi, Oakham, MA, 36 Laps
34. (24) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 34 Laps
Lap Leaders: Aaron Fellows, 1-60; Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., 61-106; Brian Hoar, 107-114.
Time of Race: 1:05:14
Margin of Victory: 1.034 seconds
Cautions: 5 (laps 42, 100, 100, 101, 106)
Heat Winners: Travis Stearns, Brian Hoar, Rowland Robinson, Jr.
Consi Winners: Emily Packard, Josh Masterson
B-Feature Winner: Bobby Therrien