Jeff White Takes ACT White Mountain 150 Win
Winthrop, ME’s Jeff White earned his second career American Canadian Tour win as he led nearly every lap of the 150 lap event at White Mountain Motorsports Park in North Woodstock, NH on Saturday, June 21. White held off Wayne Helliwell, Jr. through a fierce battle for the majority of the event.
White took the lead from his outside pole starting position at the drop of the green flag. Kyle Welch rode at his back bumper until the second restart of the event came on lap 33. Welch fell back opening the door for Travis Fadden to challenge White at the front. Fadden couldn’t get a run on the outside of White, but continued to look for daylight on the inside. At one point Fadden pushed the issue sending both himself and White sideways through turns one and two.
That was the opening Helliwell, who had marched from his 11th place starting position, needed. As White and Fadden slid sideways, Helliwell took over the second place spot and began to challenge White for the lead. Helliwell made several runs on the outside and swapped the lead with White four times through the second half of the event and the final three cautions. Helliwell didn’t have enough to make it work in the highline and after one last effort on the final restart with just eight laps to go, had to settle for second.
White road to his first ACT win since 2011. Helliwell took second, Fadden claimed third, while current ACT point leader Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. came home fourth and Emily Packard scored fifth. Welch, current Série ACT Quebec point leader Alex Labbe, Jimmy Hebert, Stephane Descoste and Travis Stearns completed the top ten.
In the sixth ACT event of 2014, White becomes the sixth different event winner. He also pockets the Bond ACT Invitational $1,000 bonus and a qualified spot in the Bond ACT Invitational field at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 20.
The 150 lap event was completed in 52 minutes and 51 seconds with just five cautions. All 27 cars in attendance started the feature event, with 18 of them finishing on the lead lap. A total of 25 cars were on the track for the checkered flag.
The American Canadian Tour has several weekends off before their next point race at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway on Saturday, August 9. However, many of the stars of ACT from both sides of the border will take their shot at a $25,000 payday in the International event at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, NY on Sunday, July 20.
White Mountain 150 Unofficial Results
American Canadian Tour
White Mountain Motorsports Park – North Woodstock, NH
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (2) Jeff White, Winthrop, ME, 150 Laps
2. (11) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, 150 Laps
3. (5) Travis Fadden, No. Haverhill, NH, 150 Laps
4. (10) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, 150 Laps
5. (12) Emily Packard, E. Montpelier, VT, 150 Laps
6. (3) Kyle Welch, Newport, NH, 150 Laps
7. (13) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, QC, 150 Laps
8. (6) Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 150 Laps
9. (17) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 150 Laps
10. (14) Travis Stearns, Auburn, ME, 150 Laps
11. (7) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 150 Laps
12. (18) #Mike Ziter, Williamstown, VT, 150 Laps
13. (21) Ben Ashline, Pittston, ME, 150 Laps
14. (1) Mike Kenison, Lancaster, NH, 150 Laps
15. (27) Rowland Robinson Jr., Steuben, ME, 150 Laps
16. (9) Bobby Therrien, Hinesburg, VT, 150 Laps
17. (23) Glen Martel, Belmont, NH, 150 Laps
18. (16) Tyler Cahoon, St. Johnsbury, VT, 150 Laps
19. (15) AJ Begin, Rowley, MA, 149 Laps
20. (26) Corey Mason, Groveton, NH, 149 Laps
21. (20) #John Falconi, Oakham, MA, 149 Laps
22. (25) #Matt Anderson, Franklin, NH, 149 Laps
23. (24) Bernie Lantagne, McIndoe Falls, VT, 149 Laps
24. (22) Eric Chase, Milton, VT, 149 Laps
25. (4) #Brandon Atkins, AuSable Forks, NY, 142 Laps
26. (8) Stacy Cahoon, St. Johnsbury, VT, 33 Laps
27. (19) #Brian Tagg, Oxford, MA, 33 Laps
Lap Leaders: Jeff White, 1-58; Wayne Helliwell, Jr., 59; White, 60-127; Helliwell, 128-129; White, 130-150.
Time of Race: 52:51
Margin of Victory: .170 seconds
Cautions: 5 (laps 22, 33, 58, 127, 142)
Heat Winners: Bobby Therrien, Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Kyle Welch
Consi Winners: Ray Parent, AJ Begin