Contributed by: ACT Staff
2014 American Canadian Tour Season Review
- 13 drivers attended their first career ACT event in 2014. (Jason Allen, Eric Badore, Dave Coursol, Patrick Emerling, Walt Hammond, Dan St. Hilare, Taylor Martin, Ryan Morgan, Carl Poulin, Lucein Rocheleau, Brian Tagg, Derek White, and Mike Ziter)
- 15 drivers made their first career ACT feature starts in 2014. (Allen, Badore, Coursol, Emerling, Tom Erickson, Hammond, St. Hilare, Morgan, Jim Morris, AJ Panessiti, Poulin, Rocheleau, Tagg, White, and Ziter)
- Brian Hoar won his 40th career ACT event at Devil’s Bowl in 2014. He has won an incredible 26% of his 153 ACT starts, the best win percentage of any driver with more than 5 career starts.
- Only 4 drivers in ACT Late Model history have double-digit wins. (Hoar 40, Jean-Paul Cyr 19, Patrick Laperle 18, Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. 13)
- Polewarczyk pocketed $29,925 in earnings in 2014 bringing his career total (2004-2014) to $170,341.42. If you add in special event earnings his earnings are $255,191,42.
- Polewarczyk and Ray Parent were the only 2 drivers to complete all 1,364 laps in 2014. Ben Ashline completed 1,363, Rowland Robinson, Jr. 1,360 and Emily Packard completed 1,352.
- They were the only 5 drivers to start all 9 events and not record a DNF.
- 8 drivers started all 9 events. (Polewarczyk, Parent, Ashline, Robinson, Packard, Jimmy Hebert, Jeff White and Mike Ziter)
- Wayne Helliwell, Jr. led the most laps this season with 246 in 5 different events.
- Polewarczyk had the most wins in 2014 with 2 and had the most top fives and top tens with 9.
- Polewarczyk moved into 3rd on the career laps led list with 1,822. He trails Hoar (2,645) and Cyr (1,970).
- Helliwell moved into 5th on the career laps led list with 1,366 just behind Laperle (1,765).
- Polewarczyk is now 6th on the career top 5s list with 49 and 7th on the career top 10s list with 66.
- Parent and Packard earned their first career top 5 finishes in the final standings in 2014.
- It was also Packard’s first time in the top 10 in the final standings. She was joined by Stephane Descoste and Jeff White as first time top 10 finishers in the year end standings.
More coming soon in Part 3…..